Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Know Your Roots/ Time to Split!

Howdy Y'all!
So my weekend consisted of going to 2 shows!
I saw the Snails at the St. Bernard's along with Amrev2 and some of the Hub City Stompers.
The Snails did amazing, as usual and they had everyone dancing and skanking :)
Thats when you know your bands truly amazing.
There were also a few other bands, one from Australia that was pretty decent.
The singer had a voice like the singer from Bad Brains, sick nasty!
I also saw the cutest doggie I could ever see in my entire life and i have never seen a dog like it before.
It was being pushed in a stroller, it's paws too worthy to touch the ground.
Saturday!!!
I was in Lancaster, i gotta free cup of coffee from Dosie Doughs.
Very tasty, their blue berry muffins were EXCELLENT!
That night I went to the CD release of the Snails, Know your Roots, and a split cd with Amrev2 and Kviza America, Time to Split.
With other bands there was Everyone Except Me, her lyrics never get old she speaks the truth, even if to others it sounds completely ridiculous, she faces life with without being oblivious.
There was also another band which i didn't catch their name but the singer was amazing, she spoke and sang about the awkwardness of the band.
Kviza had the crowd going crazy, i was punched in the dead by a random circle jerk(no offense) and it was entertaining to see everyone joining in to sing along to "two dead cops".
Amrev2 was good as well, they had 2 saxophones, Nege, who is an amazing addition to the band who is not performing anymore but played for the CD release.
I joined in on a few songs as well :)
THE SNAILS!
Last band to play for the night, had people skanking and grooving to their new songs, they did absolutely amazing!
Everyone participated in the Skinhead Moon stomp, and Monkey Man by the Specials.
I was pulled on staged by Todd, lead singer of the snails and skanked on stage til my legs were cramping like a bitch.
Overall, amazing weekend. Paige returned to Temple (not happy).
My lovely boyfriend returns this weekend and i surely hope to visit him with a plate of cookies in the shape of baby Jesus.
Tootles
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment